Jun 13, 2008

I've got the Burley Griffin's

I'm sick. This is not a normal sickness, it's some weird sinus, nose, throat, green alien smelly snot disease. You've never seen snot like this, sometimes at night, it likes to set up camp in your throat. Then about a week later it breeds like crazy in your chest and if you're lucky like me, it'll probably be around for a month.

A doctor once told me it wasn't contagious. Liar, I just gave it to my boyfriend.

I'd just like to share with you that when I was a kid, I thought it would be a great idea to be one of the boys and jump in the lake, I only went out to one of the pontoons and back to shore again. This lake is fucking GROSS, no one in their right mind would ever swim in it. Anyway, I swallowed a lot of water and I've never really been able to forget it, I can still imagine the taste. Pretty much a day later they banned all contact with the lake as it had the biggest blue-green algae bloom ever. One of the first times that I remember the entire lake turning bright green.

So for the next few weeks I get this sickness and then nearly every year it springs up again. Coincidence? I don't think so. The Lake gave this to me. I am...the lady of the lake.



I'm just hoping it clears up before I have to go to the doctor. I hope he doesn't try and give me that dick cream.

3 comments:

Blind Kid Seeks said...

"I Hope the doctor doesnt give me that dick cream"

You my friend are FILTH! But I love ya!

Get well Haylls.

Dzes said...

I got that green alien smelly snot disease at the moment too... i recommend dimetapp cold, cough, and flu gel capsules.
And i will back up your theory that blue green algae stains the DNA of innocent children.
Where we grew up, there's a place called "Hazelwood Pondage", where all the hot water from the paper mill gets spewed back into this lake. It's a great for swimming and boats cause the water is always warm, but it's a massive breeding ground for algae blooms in summer.

Hayley said...

I think we should save our snot and invent some clever marketing ploy. I'm sure it could be used for some kind of glue.

I love Dimetapp especially the night time ones. They're so big and it makes me imagine that they have more of that special something in them that makes me addicted. Lucky there are only a few in a pack or I'd have some kind of problem.